Monday to Friday
Closed on Sundays and all public holidays
- Order and silence must be maintained at all times in the library.
- Smoking, eating, drinking, and chewing is prohibited in the library.
- Briefcase, bags, overcoats. Cardigans, hats, caps etc, are not allowed in the library.
- All persons leaving the library must show all their documents at the circulation desk.
- Stealing or attempting to steal library document or any other library property is an offence.
- Appropriate disciplinary measures will be taken against the offender.
- Personal textbooks and other personal items are not allowed in the library.
- The library will not take responsibility for loss or damage of personal property left in the reading and luggage area.
- Mobile phones and other devices likely to cause disturbances should not be used in the library unless their use is silent.
- Damage of library materials, equipment, property, or building is prohibited and must pay the damage.
- Library documents and library property MUST not leave the library without clearing at the circulation desk.
- Computers are provided for the purpose of research and other educational endeavors. Misuse of these facilities is prohibited.
- Fiction books are invented by the author.
- Fiction books are arranged on the shelf in alphabetical order by the author's last name.
- Nonfiction books contain facts about real things, people, events and places.
- Nonfiction books are organized by their subject.
- Call numbers(spine labels) range from 000-999 and have the authors last name with numbers.
100 PHILOSOPHY & PSYCHOLOGY
300 SOCIAL SCIENCES
500 NATURAL SCIENCE & MATHEMATICS
600 TECHNOLOGY (APPLIED SCIENCES)
700 THE ARTS
800 LITERATURE AND PHETORIC
900 GEOGRAPHY & HISTORY
920 MULTIPLE BIOGRAPHIES
The following persons are eligible to use the library,
- Registered Coast Institute of Technology students
- Coast institute of technology staff
- Coast Institute of technology Non teaching staff
- Non- resident members will be registered at fee
Persons who wish to use the library must be registerd as members.
- Borrowing is restricted to registered members.
- Library materials are not to be taken out of the library unless they are properly checked out.
- Loaned items should not be transferred from one borrower to another but MUST be returned to the library for re- issuing.
Borrowed library materials NOT returned after due date will attract fines.
Borrowing rights may be withdrawn from persons who persistently keep library materials overdue.
Fine of kshs 10/- per day.
If the book is not returned within two or three weeks besides the accumulated
fine the defaulter will be required to pay for one and a half times the current price of the book within that term.
When you are done with the books you are using.
DO NOT PUT THEM BACK ON THE SHELVES.
Place them on the re-shelving cart located at the exit point.
Checking Out Books.
- You need to know your student ID number
- You are able to check out circulating books(not reference)
- You may check out two items for students and four items for staff at a time.
- You may check items out for two or three weeks.
- Don’t let your books become overdue.
BOOKS: reference and text books.
3 Newspapers( Daily Nation, Standard and The Star)Online access of more than 3,000 Journals and few electronic databases.
Non-book materials: CDs, DVDs etc.
- Lending services.
- Reading Room facilities.
- Reference services.
- Online access to E-resources.
- 7Mbps Dedicated High speed Internet Connectivity.
- Conference facility.
Room furnished with computers and internet connections for research.