MINISTRY OF EDUCATION: COAST INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
APPLICATIONS ARE INVITED FROM SUITABLE CANDIDATES FOR THE POSITION OF A LIBRARIAN: JOB GROUP H
Duties and responsibilities
- Plan the administrative and budgetary functions of library and information services
- Provide access to library collection, resources and services
- Managing the ABN System in the library area.
- Accessioning all new books.
- Classifying and cataloguing books.
- Compiling ‘accessions list’ for books and dispatch to all technical officers.
- Carrying out the readers’ services operation.
- Issuing publications to library users, appending amendments to standards, shelving returned books.
- Providing data for quarterly reports.
- Diploma in library studies or Information Science or an equivalent qualification from a recognized institution
- Proficient in computer
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- A self-motivated team player
- Any experience in a similar position will be an added advantage.
Applications should reach the Principal/Secretary-BOG by 28th February 2017 at 10:00AM.